It's true, the best way to any persons heart is through the stomach...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Internet Strangers.

Funny how easy it is to talk to complete strangers. Reveal stuff you'd never tell anyone close to you- your Doctor Who fetish, how you made a seagull explode from aspirin, how you want to go on student exchange but can't choose a country.


You learn so much about someone in such a short conversation, because all they know is what you tell them and you know that you probably can't keep the conversation alive forever so you cut the bull crap and get straight to the point.


So here's what I learnt about someone I met on Omeagle.


Dave is 22. He lives in New York and believes that their school holidays system is stupid because people just forget everything they've been taught in their 10 week holiday. He has a home full of IKEA furniture and a fold out lounge that turns into a bed. He wears converse. He saw "As You Like It" at the Brooklyn Opera House, he thinks the play itself it good but, the interpretation he saw was lousy. He thought the 3D section on the recent Harry Potter film was nauseating to watch, but thinks that Avatar reflects the potential 3D has on the film industry. He likes the fact there are many Australians in Hollywood. He doesn't like super skinny people, and he likes people with chubby cheeks. He has been to the US, Canada, Swizterland. And, one day he wishes to visit Australia.

This is stuff you never find out about someone, the quirky, random stuff that would take years to collect. Conversations like this are the light at the end of the paedophilia filled tunnels of internet chatrooms.

I will probably never ever speak to Dave ever again, I might walk past him during my lifetime but never know that it was him because all I ever know is, all that of, what he told me. No face to the name.

If Dave you ever happen to stumble upon this blog, don't think I'm creepy. I just really liked our conversation, but I thought it would have been weird if I offered my facebook or msn. Sorry :

No comments:

Post a Comment