It's true, the best way to any persons heart is through the stomach...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

shit.

I hate how in today's society we always have to make things bigger; more indepth, than they are.

Take art for example-
When we make an artwork it can't just be because we wanted to or it looked aesthetically pleasing there has to be a reason. And that's what bugs me. When we studied art there was always an audience or target we had to meet. What about our own targets? Why does it have to be made for other people? Why does it have to have a meaning?

My interpretation: I thought it would look nice.

What the teacher makes me write: The gigantic silver blob in the centre represents racism in the world, the shape is rather circular which symbolises the way the cycle of racism in the world will continue. The black splodge represents the black people, the yellow- asians and the green- aliens.

BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT!

Everything is full of shit.

Do you really think Hokusai really thought indepth about what his "Great Wave" meant?

Fuck no, obviously. If I do recall he was just trying to make money [cause his grandson wasted it all on gambling or something (something darkside)]. He was probably like "Oh hey, what a nice wave and if I put Mount Fuji in the background maybe more people will like it... they seem to really like that mountain."

We live in a society full of shit, surrounded by shit and constantly being fueled by shit. I guess we're just filthy, filthy people.

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. The whole idea of over-analyzing things in school nowadays is absolutely ridiculous! Why can't we just accept and learn to appreciate things just as they are, rather than coming up with foreshadowed meanings and concept bullshit? I highly doubt the artists had planned so thoroughly for every little detail in their artwork. Shit just happens, and that's that.

    Btw, is that a Family Guy reference I see there? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... we think alike. = ] I sometimes get told stuff i didn't know about my own painting, but I just go with it, cos its a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha somebody got my family guy reference... so worried nobody would appreciate it :)

    can totally relate mr cen xD
    it's also really hard to come up with something to say about your artwork..or is that just me? i always think i sound either really narcissistic towards my artwork or like a wanker *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Society is screwed up in a lot of ways.. Ironically, it's humans that structure it to be that way; not necessarily intentionally or even directly.

    ReplyDelete