It's true, the best way to any persons heart is through the stomach...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

formspring.me?

Currently there is one thing I can be grateful of: I don't get abused on social networking sites.

There's so much controversy surrounding Formspring.me at the moment and I have to say this. This is honestly how I see it. I apologise if I'm being stark and crude.

Firstly, if you're fragile and can't handle the insults and questions on formspring- Don't get one. There's no point in someone calling you a "slut" ,or asking about your relationships and life, and you sit there and go "WHAT?!?! How dare they?!!".

You got the account, you're bothered? Simple solution: Delete. The. Account.

Secondly, I hate people who go on about "internet heroes" like they've never been one. Be grateful at least someone is telling you stuff, otherwise you'd never find out. Don't ask them who they are it completely destroys the point of formspring. The whole idea about formspring is asking questions and NOT having to tell the person you are.

Stop asking "who's this?" It's annoying, and you'll get know where. 'Sif the person is going to reveal who they are. Bothered? Delete. The. Account.

I also hate people who say "Say this to my face". Really? If you can't handle the shit on formspring you're probably going to end up with a load of therapy sessions in real life.

Thirdly, people who provoke insults and sexual messages. Don't complain about people talking about your boobs, or informing you you'll be anally raped in the middle of the night. If you respond with "Yer babes, see you tonight ;)" or "thanks", your instaneously making it appropriate for the person too continue. You have no right to complain.

I will end on this though, I don't believe the creator of formspring.me ever intended for these things to happen. The whole concept behind formspring is that we "get to know" other people. We get to ask questions and recieve an HONEST answer, anonymous or not. The intentions were good; the people on the site bad.

Like I said above, a gazillion times, if you're bothered by formspring don't sit there crying about the abuse on it. You created the account and you have the power to delete it. This will sound mean, but I have little, to no, sympathy towards people who get shit on formspring, suck it up or delete.


Formspring me :)
formspring.me/applesarecute

No comments:

Post a Comment