It's true, the best way to any persons heart is through the stomach...

Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentines, Happy Happy Valentines Day

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Valentines Day and although it hasn't exactly happened yet, my school has celebrated ours, with the distribution of roses.

The Rose Family-

The rose is a rose,
And was always a rose.
But the theory now goes
That the apple's a rose,
And the pear is, and so's
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only knows
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose -
But were always a rose.

By Robert Frost

[I think I'll do this poem for english :)]

It's all for fun- I know that...
But it hurts, you know? To not get one.
I wasn't to bummed out, just a little... shattered, like a mirror- cracked, showing a reflection of a broken person.

(LOL, this made me laugh *this is really inappropriate commentary...sorry /:*)

So seeing as we're are watching the Dead Poets Society in english I'll honour it with a poem about the heartache of that cruel and vicious beast in the disguise we know as Valentines Day...

What a lovely day; Valentines Day

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Valentines is a cruel reminder
That no one loves you.

By Rebecca Weatherby

Deep, ha?

Oh well, I like black roses more than red :)
There's always next year I suppose...
Maybe cupid will grace my life with his arrow....

( *that sounded sexual* get it "life" "arrow" WOW the deepness from this blog has vanish)

But I'll leave you with a quote

You can complain that roses have thorns or rejoice that thorns have roses
-Tom Wilson

1 comment: